The booking or awarded points will be adjusted, or, where relevant, the amount charged will be reimbursed without charge in such cases. Whether to cancel or reject a booking for this reason is in IBFW's sole discretion. Please note that suspected group bookings can also be rejected or cancelled by IBFW or the Accommodation as most Accommodations have specific procedures for group bookings. Contact our Customer Service team for more information. Circumstances such as ongoing renovations, Accommodation booking errors, and specific guest needs can affect the quality of your stay. Be sure to let the Accommodation know any special requests or requirements you have at check-in. A word about star ratings The Accommodation star or other denoted ratings ("star ratings") are provided for your information only. The star ratings are based on information we have received from our suppliers, including the Accommodations, and may take into account the Accommodation's facilities, rates, reviews, and services. Star ratings may be unrelated to any other ratings assigned by government tourism authorities. We do not independently verify star ratings. A star rating is only indicative of the level of comfort you can expect to find in a particular Accommodation, with a higher star rating generally being indicative of a higher level of comfort and amenities. For more detailed information, please check the detailed description on the Site. Please be aware that star ratings can vary greatly on the basis of location, available alternatives, local market conditions, practices or other circumstances. Thus, it is possible that a star rating in one particular country or city is not comparable to the same star rating in another country or city due to such circumstances. Star ratings do not necessarily reflect all the amenities or services that might be available at an Accommodation, and some amenities and features may not be available in every room or at every property with a particular star rating. If there are particular amenities or features that are important to you, please contact our Customer Service and inquire as to the availability of such amenities or features.
3. Prices for Accommodations, Additional Charges, Taxes and Fees, IBFW exchange rates A. Prices for Accommodations We strive to have the most competitive prices and we want you to pay the lowest price possible for your stay at an Accommodation, however, these rates made by Accommodations may carry special restrictions and conditions, for example in respect of cancellation and refund. Please check the room type and rate details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation. The same room type may have different rates, depending on such restrictions and conditions (see also section 6 below).
B. Additional Charges by Accommodations Please note that all prices on the Site are for your Accommodation room reservation only and are for the requested stay dates and for the number of people indicated, unless indicated otherwise. The Accommodation room reservations rates are displayed per room and per night. Except where indicated otherwise, IBFW will typically display the rate exclusive of tax recovery and service charges (see below for more details) on the Site, and display these additional tax recovery and service charges during the booking path. Without prejudice to what is set out below, you will see the total inclusive price prior to confirming your booking. Display settings may vary, but this will at the latest show on the final booking page (before the confirmation screen). Please verify every step of your reservation on the booking form; you can discontinue the booking at any time prior to the final confirmation screen (please see below for post-booking cancellations).
What is included in the rate is displayed on the Site (under the Accommodation information section or prior to the final booking confirmation) and/or in the confirmation email/voucher. Breakfast is typically not included unless explicitly stated otherwise. Hotel resort and other mandatory fees (see below) and certain local city, tourist or occupancy taxes (when applicable) that are required to be collected directly from guests, are typically not included in the rate unless stated otherwise. Please verify the Accommodation description or policies on the Site. Insurance of any kind is never included in the rates. The standard Accommodation room reservations are for single or double occupancy, extra beds will usually incur extra charges. The Accommodation may also refuse to accept additional persons if not duly informed in advance. Please note that certain Accommodations may charge you a so-called additional but mandatory "resort fee" (or similar) for the use of certain of their services. This resort fee is typically not included in the price, but it will be mentioned in the Accommodation description on the Site. You may also be charged directly by the Accommodation for energy surcharges, baggage handling fees, newspaper delivery fees, in-room safe fees, tourism fees, or housekeeping fees. The practice to add additional Accommodation fees is outside IBFW's control and occurs in certain markets, including the India and USA. Needless to say, optional incidental fees and personal consumptions are almost never included, for example, parking charges, minibar charges, phone calls, room service, food & beverage, gala dinners, movie rentals, internet, Banking charges etc.. During certain high season periods, certain Accommodations will add on a compulsory gala dinner (e.g. for New Year, Christmas, Chinese New Year,etc.). This is not included in the room rate, but will be displayed on the booking form. Please check the "Accommodation Information", "Booking Conditions", "Cancellation Policy" or similar wording on the Site. When in doubt whether something is included, you can contact our Customer Service team.
For certain Accommodations, a compulsory transportation or transfer fee will be charged on top of the room rate at the request of the Accommodation, or at your option where available. This is especially common for island destinations (e.g. the Maldives) where you need Accommodation transportation to reach the Accommodation. Please note that IBFW does not organize any Accommodation transportation, this is always organized by and offered by or on behalf of the Accommodation, who is responsible for such transportation services, not IBFW. IBFW does not assume any liability for the quality, safety, frequency or service levels of such transportation services. In some jurisdictions, the Accommodations are also required to directly collect a local bed or city tax from the guests. Governments have on occasion issued additional taxes and may ask the Accommodations to collect these directly. These charges, if applicable, will be payable by you to the Accommodation directly at checkout. Please verify with the Accommodation which extra fees are (not) included.
C. Additional Charges for Ancillary Services Please note that all prices on the Site are for Ancillary Services are set by our Partners, unless otherwise indicated. Please refer to the appropriate Partner's terms and conditions for any additional charges that may be applicable to your reservation (for example, airport tax).
D. Currency Conversion The prices shown in IBFW listings are based on rates set by the properties in their Property Currency. You may choose to view listing prices in the Property Currency or a different Display Currency. Display Currency means the currency in which you choose to view prices on our Site. Payment Currency means the currency in which you choose to pay for a booking. Property Currency means the currency in which the property or service provider sets the rates for their listings of accommodations or services on our Site and wishes to receive funds from IBFW. By default, the Property Currency is the official currency in the territory where the property or service is located. Account provider ratesIf your Payment Currency is different from your payment account currency, your account provider will determine the exchange rate to use when the transaction is applied to your account. Your account provider may offer a higher or lower rate than IBFW, and may charge you additional fees for a foreign transaction. IBFW does not control or benefit from your account provider's exchange rate or fees. IBFW ratesIf your Payment Currency is the same as your payment account currency, but different from either the Property Currency or your Display Currency, IBFW will use our Indicated Rate or Daily Adjusted Rate to convert prices. The applicable rate will depend on choices you select when viewing listings and making a booking, as described below. Indicated Rate – Bank Generic Composite Rate mid-rate on the current day.
Daily Adjusted Rate – Bank Generic Composite Rate on the day payment is processed plus Bank Conveyance charge. Converted currency prices are indicativeIf you choose a Display Currency that is different from the Property Currency, IBFW will display indicative prices converted using our Indicated Rate. The converted Display Currency price is a preliminary estimate of the price in your Display Currency, and is not firm or binding. The converted price in the Display Currency is provided for your convenience, to allow you to compare different rates, packages, and conditions in the currency you prefer to use.Because room prices are set by properties in the Property Currency, the amount you pay for a booking will depend on three variables: the Payment Currency you choose; whether your booking type is Pay Now, Book Now Pay Later, or Pay at Hotel; the exchange rate between your Payment Currency and the Property Currency on the day we process your payment. Pay Now bookingsWhen you select your Payment Currency on the booking page, we will update your total price to show the amount we will process to your payment account. We can do this because we know the exchange rate at that time.
If you choose a Payment Currency that is different from the Display Currency, IBFW will use the Daily Adjusted Rate to convert the amount. For all other Pay Now transactions, we will use our Indicated Rate to convert currencies. Book Now Pay Later bookingsWhen you select your Payment Currency on the booking page, we will update your total price to show an estimate of the amount we will process on your payment date. We cannot show you the exact amount because the exchange rate will fluctuate between the booking date and the payment date. If you choose a Payment Currency that is different from the Property Currency or Display Currency IBFW uses our Daily Adjusted Rate for Book Now Pay Later transactions. Pay at Hotel bookingsWhen you make a Pay at Hotel booking, we will update your total price to show the amount you will pay in the Property Currency. You will pay the Property directly, in the Property Currency or any other currency the Property agrees to accept. If you pay in a different currency, or with a payment account that uses a different currency, the actual amount you pay will depend on the exchange rate(s) used by the Property and your payment providers. These factors are outside of IBFW's control. A Word on Charges for Taxes and Fees In connection with facilitating your Accommodation transaction, the charge to your Payment Instrument may include a charge for taxes and fees ("Taxes and Fees") unless indicated otherwise. In relation to Accommodations, this charge includes an estimated amount to recover the amount IBFW Companies pay to the Accommodation in connection with your reservation for taxes owed by the Accommodation including, without limitation, sales and use tax, occupancy tax, room tax, excise tax, value added tax and/or other similar taxes. In certain locations, the tax amount may also include government imposed service fees or other fees not paid directly to the taxing authorities but required by law to be collected by the Accommodation. The amount paid to the Accommodation in connection with your reservation for taxes may vary from the amount IBFW Companies estimate and include in the charge to you. The balance of the charge for Taxes and Fees, if any, is a fee IBFW Companies retain as part of the compensation for our services and to cover the costs of your reservation, including, for example, customer service costs. If the balance is negative, IBFW Companies will absorb such difference. The charge for Taxes and Fees varies based on a number of factors including, without limitation, the amount IBFW Companies pay the Accommodation and the location of the Accommodation where you will be staying, and may include profit that IBFW Companies retain. Except as described below, IBFW Companies are not the vendors collecting and remitting taxes to the applicable taxing authorities. Our Accommodation suppliers, as vendors, include all applicable taxes in the amount billed and IBFW Companies pay over such amounts directly to the vendors. IBFW Companies are not co-vendors associated with the vendors with whom we book or reserve our customer's travel arrangements. Taxability and the appropriate tax rate and the type of applicable taxes vary greatly by location. For transactions involving Accommodations located within certain jurisdictions, the charge to your Payment Instrument for Taxes and Fees includes a payment of tax that IBFW Companies are required to collect and remit to the jurisdiction for tax owed on amounts IBFW Companies retain as compensation for services. For Accommodations where you need to pay at the Accommodation, the price may or may not include taxes and fees. Please verify the booking conditions and your confirmation mail or voucher or contact our Customer Service team. As stated above, certain cities or municipalities charge city, bed, tourist occupancy or equivalent taxes that have to be collected by the Accommodation locally. In relation to Ancillary Services, calculation of applicable taxes and fees will be set out in our Partner's terms and conditions.
6. Booking conditions - Cancellations, No-Shows, Early Departure and Late Check-Out – Specific Accommodation Policies - Special Needs – additional IBFW services or products By making an Accommodation reservation on our Site, you accept and agree to the relevant Accommodation booking conditions, including cancellation and no-show policies applicable to that booking, and to any additional (delivery) terms and conditions of the Accommodation that may apply to your reservation or during your stay, including for services rendered and/or products offered by the Accommodation (the delivery terms and conditions of an Accommodation can be obtained with the relevant Accommodation). The general cancellation and no-show policy of each Accommodation is made available on the Site at the Accommodation information pages or under "Booking Conditions", "Cancellation Policies" or the like, and in the confirmation email and voucher. Please note that you may be charged for your cancellation in accordance with the Accommodation's cancellation and no-show policy, in some cases for the entire stay or the first night. We recommend that you read the cancellation and no-show policy of the Accommodation carefully prior to making your reservation. If you fail to check in to your Accommodation on time on the day of your reservation and do not alert the Accommodation, the remaining portion of your reservation may be canceled and you may not be entitled to a refund, depending on the terms and conditions of the applicable Accommodation. Regardless of the Accommodation's cancellation policy, IBFW Companies reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee, this will be indicated on the Site. Please carefully check the Accommodation details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation. Some Accommodations will charge extra for early or late check-outs. If you wish to review, adjust or cancel your reservation, please revert to the confirmation email and follow the instructions therein, use our self-service tool or contact Customer Service. Many Accommodations have specific policies around children, accompanying travelers and/or traveling with pets. As indicated above, you are strongly advised to check with Customer Service, the Accommodation itself or to verify the Accommodation policies. Special Needs: If you have special needs (e.g., wheelchair accessible room) you must contact the Accommodation and verify that special needs can be met. Please note that all special requests are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed by IBFW. Depending on the policy of the applicable Accommodation, your reservation will be refunded, canceled or modified if special needs cannot be met. If available, your request will be confirmed upon arrival.
the name and address of the complainant where the complainant is not the copyright owner or exclusive licensee, the name and address of the copyright owner or exclusive licensee where the complainant is not resident in India, the complainant's address for service in Singapore a telephone number, a facsimile number (if any) and an electronic mail address at which the complainant can be contacted sufficient particulars to enable us to identify the copyrighted work allegedly infringed sufficient particulars to enable us to identify and locate the allegedly infringing electronic copy, including the online location of the electronic copy a statement that the complainant requires us to remove or disable access to the electronic copy a statement that the complainant believes in good faith that the electronic copy infringes the copyright in the work identified in paragraph 5 above a statement that the information in the notice is accurate a statement that the complainant is (a) the owner or exclusive licensee of the copyright in the work identified in paragraph 5 above, or (b) is authorized to act on behalf of such owner or exclusive licensee and a statement that the complainant submits to the jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai, India for We will review and address all notices that comply with the requirements above in accordance with applicable law. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice. Also, be aware that you may be guilty of an offence or liable for damages if you make a false claim of copyright infringement.
9. Travel advisory – Visa requirements Although most travel is completed without incident, travel to certain destinations may involve greater risk than others. We urge passengers to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements and advisories issued by their governments prior to booking travel, particularly when travelling to international destinations. By displaying Accommodations in particular destinations, IBFW does not represent or warrant that travel to such points is advisable or risk-free and IBFW can never be held liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to such destinations. IBFW can under no circumstances be held liable for any incidents occurring during your stay at the Accommodation. You are strongly advised to check the relevant travel advisories issued by your government for any country you are visiting and to take the necessary precautions. You are also advised to take personal travel insurance. IBFW cannot be held liable for any loss incurred in the event of your failure to hold the necessary passports, visas and documentation for your journey. You are advised to check with the relevant embassies, consulates and/or visa departments of the countries you wish to visit. It is your responsibility to obtain whatever travel documents are required. Please note that some countries have strict rules and regulations on the import of restricted or prohibited goods, items or substances. These can include but are not necessarily limited to alcohol, tobacco, perfumes, drugs, medication, books, movies, DVDs, adult entertainment materials, food stuffs, plants, animal parts, etc. It is your responsibility to verify and comply with applicable regulations. Non-compliance can lead to severe penalties.
10. Complaints If you have complaints about IBFW's service, you can contact our Customer Service team via one of the methods described here. We will do our very best to help you. Please note that any complaints about the Accommodation (policies, standards, service, facilities, decoration, food, etc.) is ultimately a matter for the Accommodation itself. IBFW will coordinate directly with the Accommodation to try and find a mutually agreeable solution but cannot guarantee a satisfactory outcome. Complaints about Ancillary Services are governed by the terms and conditions of the Partner providing the Ancillary Service.
11. Legal Disclaimer of Warranties ALL CONTENT, INCLUDING SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, TEXT AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED WITHIN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. IBFW COMPANIES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, IBFW COMPANIES DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR SATISFACTORY WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. IBFW COMPANIES DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE AND/OR ITS SERVERS WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES AND/OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IBFW COMPANIES DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF ANY MATERIAL OF ANY KIND CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE, INCLUDING SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, TEXT AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTENT. UNLESS IBFW IS AT FAULT FOR INTENTIONAL OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE, IBFW COMPANIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURES CAUSED BY SERVER ERRORS, MISDIRECTED OR REDIRECTED TRANSMISSIONS, FAILED INTERNET CONNECTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS IN THE TRANSMISSION OR RECEIPT OF RESERVATIONS OR, ANY COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER TECHNICAL DEFECT, WHETHER HUMAN OR TECHNICAL IN NATURE.