- IBFW Hospitality Private Limited (hereinafter “IBFW”) recognizes the importance of privacy of its
and also of maintaining confidentiality of the information provided by its users as a
data controller and data processor.
Information (defined hereunder) by IBFW and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
inquire about any product(s) or service(s) made available by IBFW through any of IBFW’s customer
interface channels including its website, mobile site, mobile app & offline channels
centers and offices (collectively referred herein as "Sales Channels").
means the website(s), mobile site(s) and mobile app(s).
- • By using or accessing the Website or other Sales Channels, the User hereby agrees with the
do not use or access our Website or other Sales Channels.
even if their websites/products are linked to our Website. User should take note that
and privacy practices of IBFW’s business partners, advertisers, sponsors or other sites to
recommended that you review the privacy statements and policies of any such third parties
whom they interact.
used, but not otherwise defined herein, shall have the respective meanings as ascribed to
the User Agreement.
USERS OUTSIDE THE GEOGRAPHICAL LIMITS OF INDIA
- Please note that the data shared with IBFW shall be primarily processed in India and such
jurisdictions where a third party engaged by IBFW may process the data on its behalf. By
this policy, you are providing IBFW with your explicit consent to process your personal
the purpose(s) defined in this policy. The data protection regulations in India or such
jurisdictions mentioned above may differ from those of your country of residence.
- If you have any concerns in the processing your data and wish to withdraw your consent, you
do so by writing to the following email id: [email protected].
- However, if such processing of data is essential for us to be able to provide a service(s)
then we may not be able to serve or confirm your bookings after your withdrawal of consent.
instance, if you make a booking (flight or hotel), then certain personal information of
contact details, gender, dietary preferences, choice of room with smoking facility, any
condition which may require specific attention or facility etc. may have to be shared by us
vendors, and they may further process this information for making suitable arrangements for
during your trip.
- A withdrawal of consent by you for us to process your information may:
1. severely inhibit our ability to serve you properly and in such case, we may have to
refuse the booking
2. unreasonably restrict us to service your booking (if a booking is already made) which may
your trip or may compel us to cancel your booking.
TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND ITS LEGAL BASIS
- The information as detailed below is collected for us to be able to provide the services
you and also to fulfill our legal obligations as well as our obligations towards third
parties as per
our User Agreement.
- "Personal Information" of User shall include the information shared by the User and
collected by us
for the following purposes:
1. ReIBFWstration on the Website: Information which you provide while subscribing to or
the Website, including but not limited to information about your personal identity such as
marital status, reliIBFWon, age etc., your contact details such as your email address, postal
frequent flyer number, telephone (mobile or otherwise) and/or fax numbers. The information
include information such as your banking details (including credit/debit card) and any other
relating to your income and/or lifestyle; billing information payment history etc. (as
shared by you).
2. Other information: We many also collect some other information and documents including
- Transactional history (other than banking details) about your e-commerce activities, buying
- Your usernames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by
relation to our Services.
- Data either created by you or by a third party and which you wish to store on our servers
image files, documents etc.
- Data available in public domain or received from any third party including social media
including but not limited to personal or non-personal information from your linked social
channels (like name, email address, friend list, profile pictures or any other information
permitted to be received as per your account settings) as a part of your account
- Information pertaining any other traveler(s) for who you make a booking through your
IBFW account. In such case, you must confirm and represent that each of the other traveler(s)
whom a booking has been made, has agreed to have the information shared by you disclosed to
and further be shared by us with the concerned service provider(s).
- If you wish to avail the auto-check in facility at hotels, you will be required to upload
documents like PAN Card, Aadhaar card, driving license, voter ID or any other permissible
document for us to be able to provide you with the auto-check in facility.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information collected maybe used in the following manner:
- While making a booking:
- While making a booking, we may use Personal Information including, payment details
which include cardholder name, credit/debit card number (in encrypted form) with
expiration date, banking details, wallet details etc. as shared and allowed to be stored by
you. We may also use the information of travelers list as available in or linked with your
account. This information is presented to the User at the time of making a booking to
enable you to complete your bookings expeditiously.
- We may also use your Personal Information for several reasons including but not limited to:
1. confirm your reservations with respective service providers;
2. keep you informed of the transaction status;
3. send booking confirmations either via sms or Whatsapp or any other messaIBFWng service;
4. send any updates or changes to your booking(s);
5. allow our customer service to contact you, if necessary;
6. customize the content of our website, mobile site and mobile app;
7. request for reviews of products or services or any other improvements;
8. send verification message(s) or email(s);
9. Validate/authenticate your account and to prevent any misuse or abuse.
10.contact you on your birthday/anniversary to offer a special IBFWft or offer.
- We value opinions and comments from our Users and frequently conduct surveys, both
online and ofine. Participation in these surveys is entirely optional. Typically, the
information received is aggregated, and used to make improvements to Website, other
Sales Channels, services and to develop appealing content, features and promotions for
members based on the results of the surveys. Identity of the survey participants is
anonymous unless otherwise stated in the survey.
- MARKETING PROMOTIONS, RESEARCH AND PROGRAMS:
- • Marketing promotions, research and programs help us to identify your preferences,
develop programs and improve user experience. IBFW frequently sponsors promotions to
IBFWve its Users the opportunity to win great travel and travel related prizes. Personal
Information collected by us for such activities may include contact information and survey
questions. We use such Personal Information to notify contest winners and survey
information to develop promotions and product improvements. As a reIBFWstered User, you
will also occasionally receive updates from us about fare sales in your area, special ofers,
new services, other noteworthy items (like savings and benefts on airfares, hotel
reservations, holiday packages, car rentals and other travel services) and marketing
- In addition, you may look forward to receiving periodic marketing emails, newsletters and
exclusive promotions ofering special deals.
- From time to time we may add or enhance services available on the Website. To the extent
these services are provided, and used by you, we will use the Personal Information you
provide to facilitate the service(s) requested. For example, if you email us with a
we will use your email address, name, nature of the question, etc. to respond to your
question. We may also store such Personal Information to assist us in making the Website
the better and easier to use for our Users.
- IBFW may from time to time launch reward programs by way of which users may stand to
win travel related rewards or other rewards. We may use your Personal Information to
enroll you in the rewards program and status of the same will be visible each time you log
in to the Website. Depending on the reward program, each time you win a reward, IBFW may
share your Personal Information with a third party that will be responsible for fulflling
reward to you. You may however choose to opt out of such reward programs by writing to
us. For various purposes such as fraud detection, ofering bookings on credit etc., we at
times may verify information of customers on selective basis, including their credit
information. Additionally, IBFW Pvt. Ltd. may share your Personal Information,
anonymized and/ or aggregated data to a third party that IBFW Pvt. Ltd. may
engage to perform certain tasks on its behalf, including but not limited to payment
processing, data hosting, data processing and assessing credit worthiness for ofering
bookings on credit.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- IBFW will retain your Personal Information on its servers for as long as is reasonably
the purposes listed in this policy. In some circumstances we may retain your Personal
for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with
legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
- Where your personal data is no longer required we will ensure it is either securely deleted
stored in a way which means it will no longer be used by the business.
COOKIES AND SESSION DATA
- Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your device's
Cookies allow us to serve you better and more efficiently. Cookies also allow ease of
logging you in without having to type your login name each time (only your password is
may also use such cookies to display any advertisement(s) to you while you are on the
Website or to
send you offers (or similar emails – provided you have not opted out of receiving such
focusing on destinations which may be of your interest.
- A cookie may also be placed by our advertising servers, or third party advertising
cookies are used for purposes of tracking the effectiveness of advertising served by us on
website, and also to use aggregated statistics about your visits to the Website in order to
advertisements in the Website or any other website about services that may be of potential
to you. The third party advertising companies or advertisement providers may also employ
technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of the advertisements. All such
anonymous. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is
industry standard technology and is used by all major websites. They may use this anonymous
information about your visits to the Website in order to provide advertisements about goods
services of potential interest to you. No Personal Information is collected during this
information so collected during this process, is anonymous, and does not link online actions
- Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. Of course, by changing the options on your
browser or using certain software programs, you can control how and whether cookies will be
accepted by your browser. IBFW supports your right to block any unwanted internet activity,
that of unscrupulous websites. However, blocking IBFW cookies may disable certain features on
Website, and may hinder an otherwise seamless experience to purchase or use certain services
available on the Website. Please note that it is possible to block cookie activity from
while permitting cookies from websites you trust.
2. Automatic Logging of Session Data:
- Each time you access the Website your session data gets logged. Session data may consist of
various aspects like the IP address, operating system and type of browser software being
the activities conducted by the User while on the Website. We collect session data because
us analyze User’s choices, browsing pattern including the frequency of visits and duration
a User is logged on. It also helps us diagnose problems with our servers and lets us better
administer our systems. The aforesaid information cannot identify any User personally.
may be possible to determine a User's Internet Service Provider (ISP), and the approximate
geographic location of User's point of connectivity through the above session data.
WITH WHOM YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Service Providers and suppliers:
- Your information shall be shared with the end service providers like airlines, hotels, bus
providers, cab rental, railways or any other suppliers who are responsible for fulfilling
You may note that while making a booking with IBFW you authorize us to share your information
the said service providers and suppliers. It is pertinent to note that IBFW does not authorize
service provider to use your information for any other purpose(s) except as may be for
part of service. However, how the said service providers/suppliers use the information
them is beyond the purview and control of IBFW as they process Personal Information as
data controllers, and hence we cannot be made accountable for the same. You are therefore
advised to review the privacy policies of the respective service provider or supplier whose
you choose to avail.
- IBFW does not sell or rent individual customer names or other Personal Information of Users to
parties except sharing of such information with our business / alliance partners or vendors
engaged by us for providing various referral services and for sharing promotional and other
to our customers from time to time basis their booking history with us.
2. COMPANIES IN THE SAME GROUP:
- In the interests of improving personalization and service efficiency, we may, under
secure circumstances, share your Personal Information with our affiliate or associate
entities. . This
will enable us to provide you with information about various products and services, both
travel-related, which might interest you; or help us address your questions and requests in
- If the assets of IBFW are acquired, our customer information may also be transferred to the
depending upon the nature of such acquisition. In addition, as part of business
expansion/development/restructuring or for any other reason whatsoever, if we decide to
sell/transfer/assign our business, any part thereof, any of our subsidiaries or any business
then as part of such restructuring exercise customer information including the Personal
collected herein shall be transferred accordingly.
3. BUSINESS PARTNERS and THIRD-PARTY VENDORS:
- We may also share certain filtered Personal Information to our corporate affiliates or
partners who may contact the customers to offer certain products or services, which may
free or paid products / services, which will enable the customer to have better travel
experience or to
avail certain benefits specially made for IBFW customers. Examples of such partners are
offering co-branded credit cards, travel insurance, insurance cover against loss of wallet,
cards or similar sensitive information etc. If you choose to avail any such services offered
- IBFW may share your Personal Information to third party that IBFW may engage to perform certain
on its behalf, including but not limited to payment processing, data hosting, and data
- We use non-identifiable Personal Information of Users in aggregate or anonymized form to
higher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analysis of the
characteristics and behaviour of our customers and visitors, and by measuring demographics
interests regarding specific areas of the Website. We may provide anonymous statistical
based on this data to suppliers, advertisers, affiliates and other current and potential
partners. We may also use such aggregate data to inform these third parties as to the number
people who have seen and clicked on links to their websites. Any Personal Information which
collect and which we may use in an aggregated format is our property. We may use it, in our
discretion and without any compensation to you, for any legitimate purpose including without
limitation the commercial sale thereof to third parties.
- Occasionally, IBFW will hire a third party for market research, surveys etc. and will
to these third parties specifically for use in connection with these projects. The
aggregate cookie and tracking information) we provide to such third parties, alliance
vendors are protected by confidentiality agreements and such information is to be used
completing the specific project, and in compliance with the applicable regulations.
4. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- In addition to the circumstances described above, IBFW may disclose User's Personal
required to do so:
- by law, required by any enforcement authority for investigation, by court order or in
reference to any
- to conduct our business;
- for regulatory, internal compliance and audit exercise(s)
- to secure our systems; or
- to enforce or protect our rights or properties of IBFW or any or all of its affiliates,
employees, directors or officers or when we have reason to believe that disclosing Personal
Information of User(s) is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against
may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or
otherwise, or when
anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
- • Such disclosure and storage may take place without your knowledge. In that case, we shall
liable to you or any third party for any damages howsoever arising from such disclosure and
USER GENERATED CONTENT
- IBFW provides an option to its users to post their experiences by way of reviews, ratings and
poll questions. The customers also have an option of posting questions w.r.t a service
IBFW or post answers to questions raised by other users. IBFW may also hire a third party to
you and gather feedback about your recent booking with IBFW. Though the participation in the
feedback process is purely optional, you may still receive emails, notifications (app, sms,
Whatsapp or any other messaging service) for you to share your review(s), answer questions
posted by other users or a. The reviews may be written or in a video format. The reviews
posted may also be visible on other travel or travel related platforms.
- The UGC that IBFW collects may be of the following kinds:
- Review and Ratings
- Question and Answers
- Crowd Source Data Collection (poll questions).
- Each User who posts review or ratings, Q&A, photographs shall have a profile, which other
will be able to access. Other Users may be able to view the number of trips, reviews
questions asked and answered and photographs posted.
HOW CAN YOU OPT-OUT OF RECEIVING OUR PROMOTIONAL EMAILS?
- You will occasionally receive e-mail updates from us about fare sales in your area, special
new IBFW services, and other noteworthy items. We hope you will find these updates interesting
informative. If you wish not to receive them, please click on the "unsubscribe" link or
instructions in each e-mail message.
PERMISSIONS REQUIRED FOR USING OUR MOBILE APPLICATIONS
- When the IBFW app is installed on your phone or tablet, a list of permissions appear and are
for the app to function effectively. There is no option to customize the list. The
permissions that IBFW
requires and the data that shall be accessed and its use is as below:
- Device & App history: We need your device permission to get information about your device,
OS (operating system) name, OS version, mobile network, hardware model, unique device
identifier, preferred language, etc. Basis these inputs, we intend to optimize your travel
experience, use OS specific capabilities to drive great in-funnel experiences using
device’s OS, etc.
- Identity: This permission enables us to know about details of your account(s) on your mobile
device. We use this info to auto-fill your email ID’s and provide a typing free in-funnel
helps us map email ID’s to a particular user to give you the benefit of exclusive travel
cash-backs, etc. It also allows facilitating your Facebook and Google+ login.
- Location: This permission enables us to give you the benefit of location specific deals and
you a personalized in-funnel experience. When you launch IBFW Pvt. Ltd. app to make a
travel booking, we auto-detect your location so that your nearest airport or city is
also require this permission to recommend you nearest hotels in case you are running late
want to make a quick last minute booking for the nearest hotel. Your options are
your locations. For international travel, this enables us to determine your time zone and
- SMS: If you allow us to access your SMS, we read your SMS to autofill or pre-populate ‘OTP’
making a transaction and to validate your mobile number. This provides you a seamless
experience while making a booking and you don’t need to move out of the app to read the SMS
and then enter it in the app. SMS is also used to show a customer upcoming PNR status
- Phone: The app requires access to make phone calls so that you can make phone calls to
airlines and our customer contact centres directly through the app.
Contacts: If you allow us to access your contacts, it enables us to provide a lot of social
you such as sharing your hotel/ flight/ holidays with your friends, inviting your friends to try
send across referral links to your friends, etc. We may also use this information to make
recommendations for hotels where your friends have stayed. This information will be stored on
servers and synced from your phone.
- Photo/ Media/ Files:The libraries in the app use these permissions to allow map data to be
your phone's external storage, like SD cards. By saving map data locally, your phone doesn't
to re-download the same map data every time you use the app. This provides you a seamless
based Hotel selection experience, even on low bandwidth network.
- Wi-Fi connection information: When you allow us the permission to detect your Wi-Fi
we optimize your experience such as more detailing on maps, better image loading, more
flights/ package options to choose from, etc.
- Device ID & Call information: This permission is used to detect your Android ID through
can uniquely identify users. It also lets us know your contact details using which we
specific fields to ensure a seamless booking experience.
- Calendar: This permission enables us to put your travel plan on your calendar.
- Notifications: If you opt in for notifications, it enables us to send across exclusive
offers, travel related updates, etc. on your device. If you do not opt for this, updates for
like PNR status, booking confirmation, refund (in case of cancellation), etc. will be sent
- Contacts: If you opt in for contacts permission, it enables us to provide a lot of social
you such as sharing your hotel/ flight/ holidays with your friends, inviting your friends to
try our app,
send across referral links to your friends, etc. We will also use this information to make
recommendations for hotels where your friends have stayed. This information will be stored
servers and synced from your phone.
- Location: This permission enables us to give you the benefit of location specific deals and
you a personalized in-funnel experience. When you launch our app to make a travel booking,
auto-detect your location so that your nearest Airport or City is auto-filled. We require
permission to recommend your nearest hotels in case you are running late and want to make a
quick last minute booking for the nearest hotel. Your options are personalized basis your
For international travel, this enables us to determine your time zone and provide
- Siri: Permission to access “Siri” is required to enable you to make cab bookings through
the IBFW Pvt. Ltd. app.
- Camera & Photo Library: The access to your camera is required to enable you to be able to
review and upload your profile photo. Alternately, access to your photo library is required
enable you to upload an existing photograph as a profile picture.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- All payments on the Website are secured. This means all Personal Information you provide is
transmitted using TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption. TSL is a proven coding system
lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. Website
stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the
under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use
secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security
protecting it against unauthorized access.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT AND PERMISSION
- You may withdraw your consent to submit any or all Personal Information or decline to
permissions on its Website as covered above at any time. In case, you choose to do so then
access to the Website may be limited, or we might not be able to provide the services to
may withdraw your consent by sending an email to [email protected].
YOUR RIGHTS QUA PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may access your Personal Information from your user account with IBFW. You may also
your personal information or delete such information (except some mandatory fields) from
user account directly. If you don’t have such a user account, then you write
to [email protected].
ELIGIBILITY TO TRANSACT WITH IBFW
- You must at least 18 years of age to transact directly with IBFW and also to consent to the
processing of your personal data.
and customer requirement. We will duly notify the users as may be necessary.
at [email protected]. IBFW shall endeavour to respond to all reasonable concerns and